To give me some structure and motivation to get this blog going I have decided to scrap the normal resolutions and compile a list of the next 10 waterways walks that I should and want to complete.
The walks are not listed in any particular order I will link from this page when done.
You all know resolutions get broken, change or you get newer better priorities but think this post will be a bit of fun.
Also want my readers to suggest via comments below waterways walks that I should do to improve this list. Looking forward to your suggestions.
10 Waterways Walks For Me
- Sharpness To Gloucester along the canal towpath, I have rowed this, been on my friend Eric’s boat, cycled this rout but never completed on foot with camera.
- River Frome From Whitminster to Stroud, Gloucestershire, a short canal walk I havn’t yet completed.
- River Severn – River Thames From Saul Junction to Lechlade, 36 miles and 56 Locks. Think this will become a long walking & camping weekend walk maybe start at Lechlade end. More Info…
- River Wye; Chepstow-Monmouth a 17 mile walk possibly one day
- River Wye; Monmouth-Ross-On-Wye 12 mile walk.
- River Wye Ross-On-Wye-Chepstow, 19 Mile walk over a few days. Details..
- The Severn Way, probably not able to complete the whole Severn way but hope to pick and choose some 1 and 2 day sections. The Severn Way…
- Snowdona Lakes, I have always had a soft spot for Snowdona, will be researching some of the best lakes to visit and maybe return to the sight of my last near death experience at lake Bala. (White water rafting accident)
- The coast is in my mind a water way, the North coast of Cornwall from The River Camel heading south is another route for me in 2014.
- Wales coast path, I see this as a challenge I want to complete while single and fit. 882 miles according to the official guide. Details…